TITLE 23: EDUCATION AND CULTURAL RESOURCES
SUBTITLE A: EDUCATION
CHAPTER I: STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION
SUBCHAPTER m: POSTSECONDARY SCHOOLS
PART 451 PRIVATE BUSINESS AND VOCATIONAL SCHOOLS
SECTION 451.260 SCHOOL CATALOG/BULLETIN
Section 451.260 School Catalog/Bulletin
a) The catalog/bulletin shall be the school's principal printed means to explain its operations and requirements to prospective and enrolled students. It shall be current, complete and accurate for each school term.
b) A school shall furnish each applicant with a copy of its most recent catalog/bulletin, together with any supplements and/or errata sheets prior to the applicant's signing of an enrollment agreement.
c) Descriptions of courses of instruction and subjects shall be consistent with curricula previously approved by the Superintendent.
d) If the catalog/bulletin includes names of instructors, such names shall be accurate as of the date of issue of the school's certificate of approval.
e) At the time of renewal application the school shall submit three copies of its current catalog/bulletin and supplements and errata sheets.
f) The catalog/bulletin shall include the following information:
1) the school's philosophy or mission and objectives;
2) month and year of publication;
3) names, addresses, and telephone numbers of the school's administrative offices and all teaching locations;
4) a description of each course of instruction in clock hours or credit hours, including whether the delivery method is in-residence, home study, distance education or some combination of these methods;
5) criteria for the issuance of certificates and/or diplomas;
6) admissions policies, including prerequisites for admission;
7) grading scales and standards of student progress;
8) specific policies on advanced standing, if any;
9) schedule of tuition, fees and costs for books, supplies, equipment, services, rentals, deposits, housing costs;
10) methods of student payment;
11) the school's refund policy for unearned tuition, books, fees, and other charges;
12) academic calendar;
13) policies pertaining to absences and tardinesses and rules of conduct or a statement indicating where such policies may be found;
14) procedures for obtaining student transcripts;
15) a description of student services, if any;
16) a description of the placement assistance offered, if any;
17) minimum equipment, which shall include, but not be limited to, the specifications for hardware, modem, memory capacity and speed; software; and services that students must supply for participation in any course of instruction; and
18) a description of the school's procedures for receiving and processing student complaints in conformance with the requirements of Section 451.590 of this Part.
g) The catalog/bulletin shall include the following notice:
"Certificate of Approval To Operate Issued By the Illinois State Superintendent of Education, 100 North First Street, Springfield, Illinois 62777."
h) Supplements or errata sheets for the catalog/bulletin shall be filed with the Superintendent before or at the time of implementation of changes and shall include the date of printing thereon. In the event that information on a supplement or errata sheet supersedes other information in the catalog/bulletin, the sheet shall indicate this fact and identify the page and location of the superseded information in the catalog/bulletin.
(Source: Amended at 24 Ill. Reg. 7229, effective May 1, 2000)