TITLE 17: CONSERVATION
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES
SUBCHAPTER b: FISH AND WILDLIFE
PART 870 AQUACULTURE, TRANSPORTATION, STOCKING, IMPORTATION AND/OR POSSESSION OF AQUATIC LIFE
SECTION 870.30 AQUACULTURE PERMIT APPLICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
Section 870.30 Aquaculture Permit Application and Requirements
a) Persons wishing to propagate, grow and harvest aquatic life for food or stocking purposes must obtain an aquaculture permit from the Department prior to the commencement of those activities.
1) The application for a permit shall be obtained from and must be submitted to the Aquaculture Specialist at the address in Section 870.10(c)
2) Applicants must complete all portions of the permit application form. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
3) The Department will issue permits to applicants who meet the requirements of the Code and this Part.
4) The permit fee of $50 shall be assessed online or from an approved Point of Sale Location using a Customer ID Number issued by the Department after approval of the application. Paper payments are not accepted. Illinois DNR license vendors can be found at www.dnr.illinois.gov/LPR/pages/License
5) Aquaculture permits expire on March 31 annually. Upon expiration of the aquaculture permit, the permittee may renew the permit by submitting the renewal application and the Annual Report required by Section 870.40(c) to the Department by January 31. The Department will review the Annual Report in determining whether the permit will be renewed.
b) Timing of the Aquaculture Permit Application/Letter of Authorization Process
1) Applicants wishing to import/possess aquatic life that appears on the Approved List shall submit their aquaculture permit application at least 4 weeks prior to the importation/possession.
2) Applicants wishing to import/possess aquatic life not on the Approved List may submit an application for the aquaculture permit with the Department. The Department will review the permit application and make its determination within 8 weeks after receipt of the application.
3) Letters of authorization shall have a beginning and ending date.
c) Inspection of Permit and Letters of Authorization
The aquaculture permit with any letters of authorization shall be available for inspection by the Department upon request.
(Source: Old Section 870.30 renumbered to Section 870.20 and new Section 870.30 renumbered from Section 870.20 and amended at 39 Ill. Reg. 10394, effective July 9, 2015)