TITLE 11: ALCOHOL, HORSE RACING, LOTTERY, AND VIDEO GAMING
SUBTITLE A: ALCOHOL
CHAPTER I: ILLINOIS LIQUOR CONTROL COMMISSION
PART 100 THE ILLINOIS LIQUOR CONTROL COMMISSION
SECTION 100.326 AUCTION LIQUOR LICENSES
Section 100.326 Auction Liquor Licenses
a) "Auction liquor licensee" means a person who obtains prior written approval from the Commission to sell or offer for sale at auction, on a specified date, wine or spirits for private use or consumption, or for resale by an Illinois liquor licensee in accordance with the Act. [235 ILCS 5/1-3.32]
b) A person wishing to apply for an auction liquor license must first become licensed pursuant to the Illinois Auction License Act [225 ILCS 407/5].
c) An auction liquor license shall be obtained at least 14 days in advance of the auction date.
d) An auction liquor license allows the licensee to do the following:
1) sell and offer for sale wine and spirits for use or consumption;
2) sell and offer for sale wine and spirits for resale by an Illinois liquor licensee;
3) hold the auction on a specified day;
4) hold the auction anywhere in the State of Illinois.
e) Approved Sales
1) Private sales;
2) Out-of-state sales;
3) Sale to ultimate consumer;
4) Sale to distributor or retailer for resale.
f) Nothing in this Section shall be construed to permit a retailer, outside the context of a validly licensed auction, to purchase from anyone other than a distributor or person with distribution privileges.
(Source: Added at 39 Ill. Reg. 4433, effective March 12, 2015)