TITLE 8: AGRICULTURE AND ANIMALS
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
SUBCHAPTER q: SOIL AND WATER CONSERVATION
PART 750 SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE
SECTION 750.40 GUIDELINES FOR RESEARCH, DEMONSTRATION AND EDUCATION PROJECTS
Section 750.40 Guidelines for Research, Demonstration and Education Projects
a) Proposals for research, demonstration and education projects shall contain the following information on Application Form SA 93-01 provided by the Department:
1) name of organization, address and telephone number;
2) name of organization representative or project coordinator;
3) other major participants and/or cooperating agencies/organizations and their involvement in the project;
4) abstract/background information of organization;
5) objectives and rationale for the project;
6) organizational plan of work, activities and timetable;
7) approach and methods for implementing the project;
8) statement of anticipated social, economic, and environmental impact; and
9) itemized costs of the project.
b) The Department shall solicit project applications for funding in accord with Section 750.40(c) below, on an annual basis as funding becomes available.
c) The Department shall consider each project for funding based on its objectives, cost, plan of work, cooperation with other agencies and organizations, the social, economic and environmental impacts, availability of funds, and whether it addresses the purposes as described in the Act (Prioritization Form SA 93-02).
d) Request for proposals will be made available beginning July 1 of each year. The following project funding schedule will be used:
1) Applications for funding must be received by the Department on or before August 31.
2) Applications will be prioritized as described in Section 750.40(c) above. Qualified organizations will be notified by the Department of tentative project approval by October 1.
3) Contracts signed and final funding approval given by the Department by October 31.
4) Program funding begins with one half of contracted funds forwarded by the Department to grant project recipients on or about November 1.
5) First progress report on projects must be received by the Department before March 1.
6) Second progress report on project must be submitted to the Department before June 30.
7) Final one-half of contracted funds forwarded by the Department to project recipients by June 30.
8) Detailed Summary of project must be received by the Department on or before December 1.
e) The Department will monitor the progress of each project, and upon its completion, consolidate the results. The results will be made available to any individual, group, or organization requesting the information.