TITLE 8: AGRICULTURE AND ANIMALS
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
SUBCHAPTER e: FERTILIZERS
PART 215 ANHYDROUS AMMONIA, LOW PRESSURE NITROGEN SOLUTIONS, EQUIPMENT, CONTAINERS, AND STORAGE FACILITIES
SECTION 215.280 SYSTEMS MOUNTED ON VEHICLES AND IMPLEMENTS OF HUSBANDRY FOR THE APPLICATION OF NITROGEN FERTILIZER SOLUTIONS
Section 215.280 Systems Mounted on Vehicles and Implements of Husbandry for the Application of Nitrogen Fertilizer Solutions
a) Working Pressure and Classifications of Containers. Containers shall be constructed in accordance with 8 Ill. Adm. Code Section 215.215.
b) Mounting of Containers.
1) Each container shall be supported so as to prevent the concentration of excessive loads on the supporting portion of the shell.
2) A hold-down device shall be provided which will anchor container to vehicle at one or more places on each side.
3) When the cradle and the tank are of dissimilar metals, material which will not deteriorate with weather or create friction shall be used between to eliminate metal-to-metal contact.
c) Container, Valves and Accessories.
1) Each container shall be equipped with a liquid level gauging device.
2) Flow control equipment may be connected directly to the tank coupling or flange, in which case a flexible connection shall be used between such control equipment and the remainder of the liquid withdrawal system. Flow control equipment not so installed may be connected to the container with a flexible connection.