TITLE 4: GRIEVANCE PROCEDURES
CHAPTER IX: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
PART 300 AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT AND SECTION 504 GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE
SECTION 300.40 ADA/504 COORDINATOR REVIEW
Section 300.40 ADA/504 Coordinator Review
a) If an individual desires to file a formal written grievance under this Part, the individual shall promptly, but no later than 30 days after the alleged discrimination, submit the grievance to the ADA/504 Coordinator in writing on the grievance form prescribed for that purpose. The grievance form must be completed in full in order to receive proper consideration by the ADA/504 Coordinator.
b) The grievance form shall include:
1) The Complainant's name, and if applicable, address and telephone number;
2) the best means and time for contacting the Complainant;
3) the program, activity or service that was denied Complainant or in which alleged discrimination occurred;
4) the date and nature of the alleged denial or discrimination;
5) the signature of the Complainant, or his/her authorized designee.
c) Upon request, assistance shall be provided by DHS to complete the grievance form.
d) The ADA/504 Coordinator, or his/her representative, shall investigate the grievance and shall make reasonable efforts to resolve it. The ADA/504 Coordinator shall provide a written response to the Complainant within 45 business days after receipt of the grievance form.
(Source: Amended at 24 Ill. Reg. 7494, effective May 6, 2000)