TITLE 3: LEGISLATURE
SUBTITLE B: LEGISLATIVE MANAGEMENT AGENCIES
CHAPTER II: LEGISLATIVE INFORMATION SYSTEM
PART 600 ACCESS TO LEGISLATIVE INFORMATION SYSTEM INFORMATION
SECTION 600.70 ACCESS BY OUTSIDE USERS
Section 600.70 Access by Outside Users
a) Pursuant to Section 42.16 of "AN ACT in relation to a Legislative Information System", LIS may provide direct access to computer data to private persons, organizations and non-state agencies, and may sell copies of computer data residing on its systems, subject to the provisions specified in Section 600.20.
b) LIS shall, annually, establish a fee for direct access and/or copies of data that shall be based on the State's cost of providing such service or data and may include a provision for a charge based on the usage of the System or other charges incurred by LIS in providing such service and/or data.
c) Charges for direct access shall be governed by the following conditions, which shall also be made part of a standard contract between LIS and Outside Users of the computer data.
1) Access shall be provided by dial-up telephone lines unless other forms of access are specifically approved for an individual paying user of the System.
2) Access will be provided only at times when the computer data is available to its regular legislative users.
3) Paying users of the computer data shall have access to the system via telephones lines shared with other users.
4) Paying users are not to allow third parties to use the accessing capabilities of the computer data, unless this provision is waived by contractual agreement between LIS and the user.
5) LIS will make available reasonable amounts of training in the usage of the computer data at its Springfield office. The costs incurred for training at the user's location or any location outside of Springfield shall be payable by the user.
6) Paying users shall, in addition to the fee charged by LIS, be responsible for all costs of communicating with the System (e.g., terminal rental, telephone line costs).
(Source: Amended at 14 Ill. Reg. 12531, effective July 20, 1990)