TITLE 2: GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATION
SUBTITLE E: MISCELLANEOUS STATE AGENCIES
CHAPTER VI: EXECUTIVE ETHICS COMMISSION
PART 1620 ORGANIZATION, INFORMATION, RULEMAKING AND HEARINGS
SECTION 1620.1010 INVESTIGATION REPORTS FINDING NO VIOLATION
Section 1620.1010 Investigation Reports Finding No Violation
If, upon the conclusion of an investigation, an Executive Inspector General or the Attorney General determines that there is insufficient evidence that a violation has occurred, the Executive Inspector General or Attorney General shall close the investigation and provide the Commission with a written statement. [5 ILCS 430/20-51]
a) The statement shall contain:
1) The unique tracking number of the investigation.
2) A description of any allegations or other information received by the Executive Inspector General or Attorney General pertinent to the investigation.
3) A summary of investigative steps taken. This summary need not disclose any confidential investigation techniques.
4) The facts or conclusions of law that form the basis for the Executive Inspector General's determination that no violation of the State Officials and Employees Ethics Act has occurred.
5) Recommendations for any corrective action to be taken in response to any findings made in the report, if any.
6) Other information the Executive Inspector General deems relevant to the investigation or resulting statement.
7) Other information deemed necessary by the Commission to fulfill its duties.
b) If, after reviewing the documents, the Commission believes that further investigation is warranted, the Commission may:
1) request that the Executive Inspector General provide additional information or conduct further investigation; or
2) appoint a Special Executive Inspector General; or
3) refer the allegations to the Attorney General for further investigation or review. [5 ILCS 430/20-51]
(Source: Added at 34 Ill. Reg. 13108, effective August 27, 2010)