TITLE 2: GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATION
SUBTITLE D: CODE DEPARTMENTS
CHAPTER XXII: DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
PART 1225 PUBLIC INFORMATION, RULEMAKING AND ORGANIZATION
SECTION 1225.120 PETITIONS FOR RULEMAKING
Section 1225.120 Petitions for Rulemaking
a) Filing of petitions.
1) Any person may petition the Secretary to issue, amend, or repeal a rule.
2) Each petition filed under this Section must:
A) Be submitted to the Office of the Secretary, Illinois Department of Transportation, 2300 South Dirksen Parkway, Springfield, Illinois 62764;
B) Set forth the text or substance of the rule or amendment proposed, or specify the rule that the petitioner seeks to have repealed, as the case may be;
C) Explain the interest of the petitioner in the action requested; and
D) Contain any information and arguments available to the petitioner to support the action sought.
b) Processing of petitions.
1) General. Each petition received under Section 1225.120(a) is referred to the head of the office responsible for the subject matter of that petition. No public hearing, argument, or other proceeding is held directly on a petition before its disposition under this Section.
2) Grants. If the Secretary determines that the petition contains adequate justification, he initiates rulemaking action under Section 1225.130.
3) Denials. If the Secretary determines that the petition does not justify initiating rulemaking action, he denies the petition.
4) Notification. Whenever the Secretary determines that a petition should be granted or denied, he shall notify the petitioner accordingly.